Meandering the metaphysical
some thoughts and news

Friday, August 26, 2005

Kissell is no longer the man…
Jack Johnson is.


The month of August has brought about some fun experiences for me. It all began with the sweet, sweet hoops action that we had on Saturday the 9th in West Chester. A sunny, but less humid day at "Iceline" Park aka West Goshen Community Park. We followed this up by some fun tailgating prior to the Coldplay show in Camden, NJ with my friends Luke, Tara, Ann, Sarah, Marsha, Dave and Kristen. Coldplay was up to their old tricks with a solid show (a full review to follow in subsequent blog entry).

Next up, was my 2nd Coldplay show of the week on Thursday the 11th near Pittsburgh and an amazing display of drivership (a trip of nearly 225 miles) on the part of my friend Jon Weirsma (better known as The Whiz). We did not depart the Mechanicsburg area until 5:20pm but still managed to arrive just in time to walk to our seats as the lights go out and Chris and the boys walk out on stage. My friends Pam, Whiz and his brother-in-law enjoyed this show with me.

Sunday the 14th had a group of us going to extra innings in an epic Wiffle Ball game held at Hope Field in Carlisle, Pa, only for my team to end up on top 14-11 on a walk-off homer by Pitch Greg. Game would have ended in regulation save for my 3-run throwing error in attempts to hit Tyler with the 3rd out. This mental mistake allowed the opposition to tie it in the last inning.

The following weekend was my trip to Altoona which was discussed in a previously entry. I depart today (Friday 26 August) for SFO and baseball games at SBC Park, Dodger Stadium and Petco Park. Photos to follow upon my return.

Well, the real reason for this entry…the complete sweetness of Jack Johnson. The fame has not gone to his head nor will it. He loves his family, his job and the creation God has given him to take care of.

Sorry Kissell!







Sites to See
Yahoo!
Go Sox!
Polar Bears XC
PA Runners
Blogskins
Church Wiki
My Wiki
Work as Vocation

Blogs to Buzz
pam
bryan
dave d
the smiths
sarah
uncle steve
andy
rebz

MySpace Fools
nate
ted
camille
pam
rebz
fat luke

Currently Reading
Sidewalks in the Kingdom
Foolishness to the Greeks
Outside
Relevant
World

Currently Listening
Bloc Party
My Morning Jacket
Youth Group
Rogue Wave



QUICKLIST
Reduce
Re-use
Recycle
Reform
Renew


.............
CREDITS
this blog is written by
Kyle Davis

design layout by greencapsule


HOME | ARCHIVES