Meandering the metaphysical
some thoughts and news

Sunday, April 24, 2005
Well, it's been well over a month since my last post and I've probably lost all readers by now. I've promised in the past to write on a weekly basis and I'm going to do my best to get to that point. I have so many different thoughts rolling around and usually I assume that nobody really wants to hear about them anyways.

What I want to share here tonite is on the topic of obedience. "For I know that nothing good dwells in me, tha is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not." Romans 7.18

Such strong words from Paul. Yet, I feel this idea of not doing the good actually falls back to not obeying the Lord. I have the option to obey Christ and deny myself the pleasure of the moment, yet I choose to disobey and indulge in that pleasure. This could be anything that is self-serving. Seems like common sense, huh? Yet, a continual struggle for sinners. Do not lose hope! Continue in obedience! And, when you fail, the Lord forgives. Pick yourself up and obey!

Have we not been called to obey? "our Lord, through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for His name's sake," Romans 1.5

Obedience of faith.







Sites to See
Yahoo!
Go Sox!
Polar Bears XC
PA Runners
Blogskins
Church Wiki
My Wiki
Work as Vocation

Blogs to Buzz
pam
bryan
dave d
the smiths
sarah
uncle steve
andy
rebz

MySpace Fools
nate
ted
camille
pam
rebz
fat luke

Currently Reading
Sidewalks in the Kingdom
Foolishness to the Greeks
Outside
Relevant
World

Currently Listening
Bloc Party
My Morning Jacket
Youth Group
Rogue Wave



QUICKLIST
Reduce
Re-use
Recycle
Reform
Renew


.............
CREDITS
this blog is written by
Kyle Davis

design layout by greencapsule


HOME | ARCHIVES