Meandering the metaphysical
some thoughts and news

Sunday, March 06, 2005
A good friend and I closed out the night at Quip's Pub after an eventful night which began with a splendid winter jacket purchase followed by some wonderful, home-cooked pasta then a trek to the Chameleon Club to see OTR play a soothing show.

An interesting discussion transpired as it oft does between us...reaching a world with love and the grace of our Lord Christ. There are so many dicey topics that are difficult to deal with but when it comes to blood and tears, we must take a stance on each one. Such topics as the gay community, the "hookup" mentality of the college generation, and others. These are landmark topics where Jesus truly showed grace. How can we do the same?

We can start with self. Christ's words: "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?" Luke 6.41

A verse that has always struck home hard with me. Who am I to be worrying about what others are doing when I cannot even get my own nasty sin stopped? I am a hypocrite, that is what I am but am commanded NOT to be. I am dead to this sin now because of Christ. "Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus." Rom 6.11

Christ has set me free from sin. I'm to be living unto Him...
"For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace." Rom 6.14
This is difficult at times, but why? Why do I continue to struggle? It is time to focus in on my own daily desires. To set myself apart from those things that are not of good character. Also, I must encourage others to do this same daily separation. Let us walk grace.

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord." I Cor 15:58

Pastor Yagel quoted this verse this morning after the installation of some church officers. He was talking about leadership and this struck me as more than that. This is a daily thing! Let's start our own bandwagon and focus in on our own daily, minute by minute drive to live sinlessly and in glory to Christ.

Now, to close out this horribly choppy post with a paraphrase of Dale Carnegie that is appropriate when considering how we can relate to our world..."You'll accomplish more in the next two months developing a sincere interest in two people than you'll accomplish in the next two years trying to get two people interested in you."

Focus on your daily desires in your own world, don't be trying to worry about everyone else around you, yet at the same time develop those relationships by encouraging one another. This might seem contradictory unless you are smashing around similar thoughts to mine.







Sites to See
Yahoo!
Go Sox!
Polar Bears XC
PA Runners
Blogskins
Church Wiki
My Wiki
Work as Vocation

Blogs to Buzz
pam
bryan
dave d
the smiths
sarah
uncle steve
andy
rebz

MySpace Fools
nate
ted
camille
pam
rebz
fat luke

Currently Reading
Sidewalks in the Kingdom
Foolishness to the Greeks
Outside
Relevant
World

Currently Listening
Bloc Party
My Morning Jacket
Youth Group
Rogue Wave



QUICKLIST
Reduce
Re-use
Recycle
Reform
Renew


.............
CREDITS
this blog is written by
Kyle Davis

design layout by greencapsule


HOME | ARCHIVES